Prior to participating in the “VOTE for PROTON’s First SUV Name (“Survey”), it is advisable for you to take a couple of minutes to read the following terms and conditions and ensure that you are completely aware of the terms and conditions. They are unconditionally and irrevocably binding on all participants.
“VOTE for PROTON’s First SUV Name” (“Survey”) is organized by PROTON Holdings Bhd (623177-A) hereby known as “PROTON”. By participating in this Survey, participants shall be deemed an unconditional and irrevocable acceptance of these terms and conditions as stated herein. A failure by PROTON to enforce any of these terms and conditions in any instances will not give rise to any claim by any person.
This Survey is open to all Malaysian citizens possessing a valid Identity Card (IC), except for Employees of PROTON including its group of companies, PROTON vendors and agencies. PROTON reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, and the identity and eligibility of participants. Participants must provide such evidence as required for verification purposes.
PROTON may at any time exclude or disqualify an invalid entry or all entries of any participants who is ineligible or who breaches these terms and conditions or fails to provide evidence satisfactory to PROTON to verify their identity or eligibility.
• The survey will run from 2 April 2018 until 12 midnight, 30 April 2018.
• PROTON reserves the right to shorten or extend the Survey period for any reasons whatsoever. In the event of such occurrence, PROTON may notify participants accordingly via its official channels; PROTON’s website, www.proton.com, PROTON Facebook Page www.facebook.com/ProtonCarsOfficial, Instagram at Instagram@ProtonCars or mobile app@MyProtonOfficial.
HOW TO VOTE
• No product purchase or entry fee is required.
• Participants are required to visit the official Facebook page of PROTON ProtonCarsOfficial, and click on the "Vote for PROTON’s First SUV Name” post.
• Participants must cast their vote within the survey period by clicking on this Survey Monkey link provided.
• Participants need to submit the reason or rationale why the name is selected.
• Participants may also suggest a different name if the options given are not their liking.
• PROTON reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete or falsified entry.
• Selection of winners will be done by a panel of expert judges.
• All participants are eligible for a lucky draw to win “e-cash vouchers” that can be redeemed against car purchase/ after sales service/ merchandise items.
• 5 participants of the winning name will be selected to win a special VIP “money-cannot-buy” experience based in the best rationale provided for the name.
• Judging or selection of the winners will be based on the rationale or reason given.
• A winner may also be selected from alternative name submission based on appeal of the name submitted.
• PROTON has absolute discretion to appoint and replace the panel of judging experts as well as to decide on the final name of the SUV. The decision of the panel is final. Appeals will not be entertained.
• The vouchers will be distributed as follows:
• 1st level: RM168 - 100 winners
• 2nd level: RM100 - 300 winners
• 3rd level: RM50 - 500 winners
• 4th level: RM10 - 2820 winners
• All vouchers can be redeemed at all PROTON sales & after sales outlets.
• Alternative Name Winner (1 only) will be awarded a 4D3N Hangzhou/Shanghai Tour package (inclusive visit to HQ of Geely Group) for 2 people valued at approximately RM10,000.
• A special VIP “money-cannot-buy” experience which comprise of a special invitation to attend the SUV launch and special test drive and demonstration of the SUV at PROTON’s Test Track in Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia. Travel logistics within Malaysia and accommodation will be provided. 5 lucky winners (plus 1 partner) will be selected based on best rationale for the winning name they voted for.
• All winners will be notified via email and winners’ list will be displayed at PROTON’s Facebook and website.
• Special VIP prize and Alternative Name Winners will be notified by telephone, email and followed by an official invitation letter.
• Fulfilment of prizes could take up to 4-6 weeks after the announcement of the winners.
• In the event winners could not be contacted or reached, for the necessary arrangement of redeeming their prizes, within 30 days of the announcement of the winners made on PROTON Facebook page, official Website and mobile app, PROTON has the right to replace the uncontactable winner with the next available winner.
• All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs and/or related expenses that are incurred to redeem the prizes are at the sole responsibility of the winners unless stated otherwise.
• All prizes stated herein to be given to the winners are not exchangeable or redeemed as cash either in part or in full.
• PROTON reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with alternative prizes of similar value at any time without prior notice.
GENERAL CONDITIONS • Any costs associated with participating in the survey is the participants’ responsibility. Any costs incurred in receiving, collecting or using a prize is the Participants’ responsibility, including travel, accommodation, and tax liability; unless otherwise communicated.
• There is no fee payable to the participants in respect of involvement in this Survey.
• PROTON reserves the right to assess, use and disregard any submitted vote at our discretion.
• Alternative name or rationale that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including profanity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practises of Malaysian Culture, are strictly prohibited and will be discarded.
• PROTON will not be held liable, in the event of any loss, damage, non-receipt of entries or delayed receipt of entries submitted by participants including but not limited to network transmission failure, network interruption or outage and inability to use or delay to access of the internet for the purpose of this Survey.
• The Participants agree to discharge and release PROTON from any liabilities and claims (including from breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of actions at law or equity) arising out of or in any way connected to this Survey or the participant’s entry in this Survey.
• Without prejudice to the foregoing:-
• Save where otherwise prohibited by law, in no event shall PROTON be liable to any party including the participants for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages, including lost profits, howsoever remote even if such losses were foreseeable or if PROTON were advised of the possibility of such damages; and
• if PROTON is adjudicated by a local court of competent jurisdiction to be liable for any losses or damages arising out of or is in any way connected to this Survey, PROTON’s liability shall in no event exceed RM1,000.00 whether in contract, tort or otherwise.
• By entering into this Survey, the participants agree to indemnify and hold PROTON and its officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in title, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liability, claims or expenses (including any legal fees), suffered or incurred by PROTON due to or in any way arising from this Survey.
• If participants are discovered to be using or have used improper means to participate in this Survey, PROTON reserves the right to revoke and disqualify the participants’ eligibility for this Survey at its sole and absolute discretion without notice or reason.
• These terms and conditions are not intended to create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly, no person shall derive any benefit or have any rights, entitlement or claim in relation to this Survey.
• PROTON is entitled to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Survey at its sole and absolute discretion and shall accept no responsibility for any loss caused as a result of the same.
• By entering this Survey, the participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated herein and the decision of PROTON as the organiser and/or panel of experts judges. Notwithstanding anything herein any decision by PROTON and/or penal of expert judges shall be final and binding, correspondence or communication will not be entertained.
• Employees of PROTON including its group of companies, PROTON vendors and agencies are not eligible to enter this Survey.
• PROTON reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time at its sole and absolute discretion and Participants agree to be bound to any such changes.
• This Survey and the Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia. In the event of any disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in relation to this Survey, the participants agree that the courts of Malaysia in Shah Alam shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes, controversies or claims arising out of from this Survey, and waive any objection on the ground of venue or forum non-conveniens.
• Except as otherwise indicated in these terms and conditions, the term of “PROTON” also includes all Affiliates of PROTON. “Affiliates” means any person, partnership, joint venture, corporation or other form of enterprise, domestic or foreign, including but not limited to parent company, subsidiaries or branch, at the time of entering into this Survey.
• The Malay translation of the terms and conditions of this Survey is provided for reference purposes only. In the event that the Malay language version is conflicting with the English language version, the English language version shall prevail.
COPYRIGHT, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND PUBLICITY
• The participants agree that by participating in this Survey, the ownership and usage of all information and documents related to the entry and inclusive of in the form of descriptive writing/slogans, photographs, video and/or CD filming, digital images, drawings, financial, marketing, economics, commercial and publicity shall be owned by PROTON.
• The participants hereby declare and undertake with PROTON that the ownership, authenticity of all the information, ideas and material submitted for this Survey are the genuine products and ideas from the participants and PROTON shall not be liable for any claim by third parties due to misleading information made by the participants.
• The participants agree that by entering this Survey, PROTON shall be entitled to use and own any strategic reports, information on territories of distribution, corporate and product information and all copies, reproductions, reprints and translations thereof, supplied and owned by any of the entries submitted in this Survey as materials for the purpose of advertising, trade and/or publicity, without any prior notice or approval of the participants.
• The entries submitted by the participants pursuant to this Survey shall be owned by PROTON and PROTON shall have the right to deal with such entries in any manner whatsoever that it deems fit without any payment or compensation to be made to the participants.
• By participating in this Survey, winners have granted PROTON the right to use the name, descriptive writing/slogans of the cars/winners as materials for the purpose of advertising, trade and/or publicity, without any prior notice to the winners and the winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on such use.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (“PDPA”)
• The participants of this Survey agree and give consent for PROTON to use their personal particulars in compliance with the PDPA.
• All up-to-date information, progress, requirements and results will be made available on PROTON’s website, www.proton.com or its Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ProtonCarsOfficial, Instagram@ProtonCars or mobile app@MyProtonOfficial.
• PROTON will notify the winners at a pre-determined time, after the Survey deadline.
What is the “VOTE for PROTON’s First SUV Name”?
The “VOTE for PROTON’s First SUV Name” is a survey organised by PROTON to select the name of PROTON’s first SUV due to be launched soon.
When is the Survey period?
The Survey will run from 2 April 2018 until 12 midnight, 30 April 2018.
How do I participate in the Survey?
You may click on this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Proton1stSUV_Eng to participate in the Survey and follow the instructions stated therein.
Do I need to pay or buy any product to participate in the Survey?
No, you do not need to pay or buy any product to participate in the Survey.
Can I cast my vote more than once?
Yes, you may cast your vote more than once but you can only win 1 prize.
Will I get paid if the name I proposed in the Survey is chosen by PROTON for its first SUV?
No, you will not get paid but you are eligible for a lucky draw to win “e-cash vouchers” that can be redeemed against car purchase/ after sales service/ merchandise items. 5 participants of the winning name will be selected to win a special VIP “money-cannot-buy” experience based in the best rationale provided for the name, and the Alternative Name Winner (1 only) will be awarded a 4D3N Hangzhou/Shanghai Tour package (inclusive visit to HQ of Geely Group) for 2 people valued at approximately RM10,000.
What does the special VIP “money-can’t-buy” experience mean?
It comprises of an exclusive invitation to the launch of the SUV and test drive and driving demonstration session at PROTON Test Track at Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.
How will I be notified if I win?
You will be informed via telephone, email and followed by an official letter from PROTON.
How soon will I get the prize?
Fulfilment of the prizes may take 4 to 6 weeks from date of the announcement of winners is made.
Where will PROTON make the announcement?
PROTON will make the announcement on its official Facebook page, PROTON website, PROTON Instagram and PROTON Mobile App (MyProton Official).
What do I do if I have other questions?
Please call 1800 888 398 or email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org